It’s National Bourbon Month, so let’s aptly observe this impious occasion on today’s Thirsty Thursday with an inventive creation from our very own Chef José Andrés. Try out this recipe for the mouthwatering Passion Fruit Whiskey Sour Pops as featured by liquor.com for a creative way to enjoy the gentleman’s drink without putting any hair on your chest.
Chef José Andrés’ Passion Fruit Whiskey Sour Pops
- 4.5 oz 80-proof bourbon
- 1.25 cups passion fruit puree
- 14 oz Water
- .5 cup Sugar
HOW TO MAKE ‘EM:
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Next, stir in the bourbon and passion fruit puree.
- Strain, divide and pour the mixture among 12 popsicle molds.
- Insert popsicle sticks if desired and freeze overnight and enjoy when solid.
For more great bourbon cocktail recipes to enjoy during National Bourbon Month, check out this recent article from The Daily Meal.