To pay homage to the 10th anniversary of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority’s slogan, “What happens here, stays here,” USA Today launched a slideshow of epic Vegas moments from the past decade. From Celine Dion to Cirque du Soleil, Sin City certainly doesn’t shy away from the “WOW” factor. But we can’t let them have all the fun. So we’ve created our very own top 10 “What Happens in Vegas” moments of all time…
Presenting: “Things That Didn’t Stay In Vegas: 10 Buzzworthy Moments in Sin City”
- Everything that happened during MTV’s The Real World: Las Vegas.
- That Friends episode where Ross and Rachel had one too many and got hitched in a Vegas chapel.
- FIGHT NIGHT! UFC, MMA, boxing – Vegas is the center of it all. Whether it’s the Beibs making an entrance with the Money Team or a jaw-dropping K.O., you can place your bets that something epic will happen on Fight Night in Vegas, and you’ll likely get an earful about it the next day…
- The Hangover, The Hangover Part III, 21, What Happens in Vegas, Ocean’s Eleven, Rain Man, Austin Powers, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Rush Hour 2, Miss Congeniality 2 and an endless list of AMAZING movies.
- That moment you found out SLS is coming to town…
- Whether its “From Death Do Us Part” or 55 hours later, Vegas is a favorite location for celebrities to tie the knot. Elvis & Priscilla, Angelina & Billy Bob and Britney Spears & that one guy were all married in Vegas.
- Katy Perry’s smash pop hit “Waking Up in Vegas” really wraps up the post-vacay guilt: That’s what you get for waking up in Vegas.
- Wanna do something crazy? Vegas has seen its fair share of stunts over the years, like that one New Year’s Eve when Evil Knievel jumped a fountain on his motorcycle, or more recently when CeeLo Green played a piano that was ON FIRE in the middle of the Strip.
- We can’t forget Prince Harry’s birthday debacle that led to “Know the Code.”
- We’ll leave this for you to fill in during your next visit… Viva Las Vegas!